News

First-Ever IAB Programmatic Revenue Report Co-Sponsored by PulsePoint

MediaPost
October 14, 2015

PULSEPOINT AND GOOGLE CO-SPONSOR FIRST-EVER IAB PROGRAMMATIC REVENUE REPORT Study Reveals That Open Auctions Were Responsible for 70% of Programmatic Revenue in 2014.

KEY TRENDS UNDERLYING 2014 RESULTS:

Programmatic revenues totaled $10.1 billion in 2014 comprising approximately 20% of total internet advertising revenues ($49.5 billion) , inclusive of mobile and comprised a majority of display related revenues.Programmatic revenues made up approximately 52% of display related advertising ($19.6 billion) in 20141, while non-programmatic display related revenues comprised the remaining 48%.The majority of programmatic inventory was bought and sold through Open Auctions, but as this study will examine, we expect a shift to Other types (i.e. Private Auction, Unreserved Fixed Rate or Automated Guaranteed) in the next few years.Open Auctions made up approximately 70% of the programmatic revenue in 2014, but we foresee a shift to other types as advertisers and premium publishers see a strategic shift to buy and sell inventory within the Other types.Programmatic revenues from ad tech outweighed those from publishers in 2014.Ad tech accounted for approximately 55% of programmatic revenues, while publishers accounted for approximately 45% of programmatic revenues in 2014.Display banner ads were the predominant format for programmatic in 2014, but other formats are likely to increase in the near future.

VIEW now

Supercharge your content marketing

Request a Demo

Recommended READING

SIGN UP FOR INSIGHTS IN YOUR INBOX

Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

News & Insights